Xbox Fixed and Xbox Fixed


I got my repaired console back today. Really a pretty quick turnaround in light of the two-to-four week estimate they give. I'm not sure if it's a repaired console or just a replacement because I haven't pulled it out of the box yet.

Hm. I'll bet you won't mind waiting a moment for me to open it.

Here we are. It's definitely not the same console -- different serial number and a 2008 manufacture date -- I'm guessing it's refurbished. I'll try plugging it in tomorrow in its new media-center role and see how it goes from there.

Of course it makes sense that the week my original console died was about when Microsoft came out and stated that the RROD problem has been solved. Granted it's an improvement in their design and repair process so my old console wasn't going to benefit. I'm content with the belief that my 360 was the one that inspired the solution, the final martyr to the cause.

That's right. My console died that yours might live forever.

A neat little bonus: the new box came with a free month of Xbox Live Gold taped to it.

So far I am satisfied.

No comments: